Paula Sacks wrote the "Love Rays" collection of books to help parents apply attachment theory.
Paula Sacks is a licensed, clinically trained social worker / psychotherapist / hypnotherapist in private practice in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.
Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy for:
- Grief / Depression
- Adjustment Disorders
- Phobic Disorders: Flight / Height
- Anxiety Disorders
- Peak Performance
Areas of Expertise:
- Adult Attachment Disorders
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Core Conflictual Relationship Theme (CCRT)
- Mentalization Based Therapy (MBT)
Completed advanced course training through
Harvard Medical School:
- Graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a BA in Psychology in 1983
- Earned a Masters in Social Work from Simmons Graduate School of Social Work in 2004
- Completed a year long hypnotherapy externship in 2008
- Finished an additional year long externship in the Treatment of Attachment Disruption and Disorders in Adults in 2009
- In 1982, Paula was selected to lead a post-graduate research study on the Identification of Attachment Behavior: Strange Situation.
- Co-author of the book “Attachment Disturbances in Adults,” recipient of the 2018 ISST-D Pierre Janet Writing Award.
- In 2010, then governor Deval Patrick appointed Paula to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Licensure Board of Registration of Social Workers where she retired in 2015 as Board Chairman.
- From 2004-2017, Paula volunteered over 5,000 hours of therapy for low income clients at Community Legal Services and Counseling Center.
Dr. Brown, Dr. Elliott, Paula Sacks and a team of six therapists published Attachment Disturbances in Adults: Treatment for Comprehensive Repair. Norton Books, August 2016.
Dr. Brown, Dr. Howard Steele and Paula Sacks collaborated on a journal article, The Relative Contribution of Early Childhood Insecure Attachment and Abuse in Later Childhood to Personality and Dissociative Disorders – (Pending Publication)
Your Child’s New Favorite Picture Book
In this charming new children’s book, will the little girl discover the secret of Love Rays with help from her friends Lion, Owl, Rabbit, and Otter?
The goal is to teach parents about what attachment needs their children may express at different stages and how to meet them.
This guide will explain the Lamaze method in detail down to when it got its start 70 years ago and point you to free resources.
Reading books to children not only opens their imaginations, it teaches communication skills from which they will benefit their entire lives.
045: How to Foster A Secure Attachment with Paula Sacks
Attachment is an emotional bond that forms in early childhood and if this is not met, our child develops attachment disturbances growing up.
The Blippi Episode featuring Paula Sacks
Learn from author, licensed clinical social worker and attachment theory specialist Paula Sacks about the best way you can connect with your child.
Episode 17: Attachment in Relationships
In this episode, Kim explores the importance of attachment in childhood and adult relationships with specialist and author, Paula Sacks.