Paula Sacks wrote the "Love Rays" collection of books to help parents apply attachment theory.
Paula Sacks is a licensed, clinically trained social worker / psychotherapist / hypnotherapist in private practice in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.
Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy for:
- Grief / Depression
- Adjustment Disorders
- Phobic Disorders: Flight / Height
- Anxiety Disorders
- Peak Performance
Areas of Expertise:
- Adult Attachment Disorders
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Core Conflictual Relationship Theme (CCRT)
- Mentalization Based Therapy (MBT)
Completed advanced course training through
Harvard Medical School:
- Graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a BA in Psychology in 1983
- Earned a Masters in Social Work from Simmons Graduate School of Social Work in 2004
- Completed a year long hypnotherapy externship in 2008
- Finished an additional year long externship in the Treatment of Attachment Disruption and Disorders in Adults in 2009
- In 1982, Paula was selected to lead a post-graduate research study on the Identification of Attachment Behavior: Strange Situation.
- Co-author of the book “Attachment Disturbances in Adults,” recipient of the 2018 ISST-D Pierre Janet Writing Award.
- In 2010, then governor Deval Patrick appointed Paula to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Licensure Board of Registration of Social Workers where she retired in 2015 as Board Chairman.
- From 2004-2017, Paula volunteered over 5,000 hours of therapy for low income clients at Community Legal Services and Counseling Center.
Dr. Brown, Dr. Elliott, Paula Sacks and a team of six therapists published Attachment Disturbances in Adults: Treatment for Comprehensive Repair. Norton Books, August 2016.
Dr. Brown, Dr. Howard Steele and Paula Sacks collaborated on a journal article, The Relative Contribution of Early Childhood Insecure Attachment and Abuse in Later Childhood to Personality and Dissociative Disorders – (Pending Publication)
The Essential Book for New Parents
In this parenting book, get practical advice for your child’s emotional development, including the critical first 18 months
Your Child’s New Favorite Picture Book
In this charming new children’s book, will the little girl discover the secret of Love Rays with help from her friends Lion, Owl, Rabbit, and Otter?
The goal is to teach parents about what attachment needs their children may express at different stages and how to meet them.
This guide will explain the Lamaze method in detail down to when it got its start 70 years ago and point you to free resources.
Reading books to children not only opens their imaginations, it teaches communication skills from which they will benefit their entire lives.
Episode 276: Understanding Attachment with Paula Sacks
What is attachment theory? Discover how you can help your child develop secure attachment on this episode of the Mindful Mama Podcast with Paula Sacks.
Episode 106: Teaching Children How to Have Self-Esteem
In this episode, Paula Sacks shares how our attachment style with our children affects their self-esteem and sense of self in the world throughout their lives.
Attachment Expert Paula Sacks on “What are Love Rays?”
The saying goes, babies don’t come with an instruction manual. But now they do! Join us as we talk with Paula Sacks about developing secure babies.